Course: Art 469
Topic Title: Ecology of Research: Seeds of Time
Instructor: Amy Franceschini, Spring 2016 Interdisciplinary Artist in Residence
UW Instructor of Record: Meg Mitchell, Art Department
Day/Time: Fridays 1:45-4:15pm
Location: Humanities 6321
Description: Franceschini’s course will focus on interdisciplinary research. It will use a seafaring journey, Seed Journey, to direct research and guide a series of projects. Together the class will research locations, partners and logistics as they relate to Seed Journey. This course will also include a short history of interdisciplinary art focused on art in public places. It will address issues of audience, form, media, motivation and co-creation as it relates to making artwork that falls within the genre of social practice. Topics such as aesthetics, ethics, collaboration, media strategies and social activitsm will be covered through small projects and readings. Students will work independently and collaboratively with various departments on the UW-Madison campus as well as community groups in order to create a final public event: Flatbread Society Seed Journey.
- Watch a highlights video of Amy Franceschini’s Interdisciplinary Arts Residency during Spring 2016.
- Check out thisphoto album from the final event of Amy’s residency, Seeds of Time.
- Amy Franceschini will appear on WORT FM‘s 8 O’Clock Buzz on Monday, April 11! Tune in live or click here for a podcast of the interview.
- Artwork made during Amy’s residency will be featured in group exhibitions at both Henie Onstad, Norway (June 9 – August 21, 2016) and ARtes Mundi, Cardiff, Wales (October 21, 2016 – February 26, 2017).
- Congratulations to Amy and Futurefarmers for being shortlisted for the prestigious Artes Mundi 7, the United Kingdom’s leading biennial art prize!
- The final event of the residency will be held on April 22, 2016 at 6:30 pm. Please note that seating is limited.